WHAT IS ORTHOPEDICS?
Dental orthopedics takes aim at the restoration of teeth appearance and functions. A whole team of doctors works on your health, including the technical laboratory, implant surgeon, dental surgeon, orthodontist, and endodontist.
After the exam of orthopedist we will offer several variants of prosthesis or implantation and will help to select:
- Inlays and onlays, which are similar to fillings, are made of ceramics. They are aesthetic, strong and stable, and fully reproduce the tooth form and color.
- Crowns and half-crowns, which are produced on the decayed teeth.
- Metal ones, which are strong, but not aesthetic and low-cost;
- Metal-ceramic ones, which have a metal basis and ceramic covering, are inexpensive, aesthetic and long-lasting (approximately 15 years);
- Non-metal ones, in which ceramic press system is transparent, that’s why it looks very natural, fully compatible with the tissues of oral cavity and has an ideal accurate fit;
- Plastic ones, which are produced very fast, low-cost, aesthetic, short-lasting (they are often produced as temporary ones), can be allergic, change the color, are not hygienic because of their porous structure.
3. Veneers, which are ceramic onlays, set up on the anterior teeth, imitate the natural color, do not lose it in time, provide the lowest traumatization during their installation. The reasons for their usage can be:
- Defects in teeth shape;
- Color change;
- Tooth abrasion.
4. Clasps, which have plastic or metal basis, made up in the form of bar. The artificial gums with teeth are put on it. These clasps provide an even pressure on the teeth and are used for about 10 years.